A well-established group of companies with a history that spans over 30 years and operates in Malta as well as overseas are currently in search of a motivated Purchasing Officer to support their team.
The role of Purchasing Officer requires an individual with a sound knowledge of market research as well as excellent analytical skills and the key responsibilities of this position include but is not limited to the following:
- Research potential vendors;
- Compare and evaluate supplier offers and negotiate contract terms and pricing
- Keep track of orders and make sure they arrive on time
- Examine the quality of the products purchased
- Update internal databases with order information and keep records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers
The ideal candidates for this role should have experience within a similar role and environment and must have good knowledge of supply chain procedures and vendor sourcing practices such as researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors. Experience with purchasing software such as Navision will be considered an asset.
Not sure if this role is for you but know someone who might be interested? Refer a friend to StreetHR today and receive up to €300 upon successful placement. Terms and Conditions apply. Speak to us for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org