Interested in being a fundamental addition to a new and exciting project on the Island, with a clear career progression to take on a Head of Operations role?
If you are an experienced Project Manager who is keen on assuming a pivotal role within a growing organisation, then this opportunity may be for you!
Our client is currently seeking an outstanding Project Manager and Head of Operations to ensure the efficient and cost-effective running of the resources and projects of the organisation. Working closely with the CEO, the chosen individual will take full ownership of the projects of the organisation and see them through from initiation to execution.
As this role is set within a demanding environment, it requires a determined leader with a continuous improvement attitude to be able to handle the following responsibilities, among others:
- Support the building of a facility by interacting on a daily basis with the architects, contractors and authorities as well as monitor ongoing works to eventually launch the facility and other projects;
- Communicate with different stakeholders and be involved in various agreements and contracts;
- Ensure that budgetary objectives are met and make adjustments to project constraints if necessary;
- Administer and execute EOIs and tenders and also monitor the submission process;
- Commission and oversee the installation of systems, plant and equipment as well as testing such systems to ensure that they produce the expected outcome;
- Supervise the operational process and direct technical personnel responsible for different stages of the production to ensure a cost-effective delivery;
- Manage all facilities and IT infrastructure along with supporting the CEO on strategic matters;
This role requires an individual that holds an Engineering degree together with an Engineering warrant to practice in Malta, have a minimum of 5 years of experience within a similar role particularly in building services and should also possess a Project Management licence such as Prince2. Knowledge of EOIs and Tendering procedures together with experience in operations or production management will be considered an asset.