Would you like to join a leading iconic brand in Malta? Are you looking for long term career prospects? Then this new vacancy might interest you!
Our client is a leading local manufacturer in the food sector currently looking for a Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer and you will be responsible for ensuring that facilities and machinery used to produce new and existing goods run to their maximum efficiency. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works.
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site, including routine calibration and maintenance requirements.
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time.
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Manage the process of changes in machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation or disposal in collaboration with all relevant parties.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Provide technical expertise to the team; this includes total preventative maintenance, breakdowns of mechanical or HVAC equipment etc.
- Manage, coach and develop the Maintenance team and work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, people management, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities to optimise results, in line with company requirements.
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
The ideal candidate is a warranted engineer with years of experience at a leadership level in a technical environment/manufacturing environment. Candidate must have demonstrated project management experience and ideally holds experience applying LEAN principles or is familiar with LEAN manufacturing tools. Ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals at all organisational levels is highly attractive. The role holder will possess strong leadership skills to provide technical direction to outside contracts and inter-company staff and employees.
Does this new role interest you? Get in touch today!