A highly reputable organisation that is a staple within the Maltese market is looking for a driven leader to take on the new role of General Manager for a growing subsidiary of the business.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be leading the operation consisting of 30 individuals, with the support of two experienced individuals forming part of the managerial team. In line with business demands, you and your support team will be spearheading the efficiency of the organisation whilst executing improvement plans aligned to KPIs.
Although the role of a General Manager is varied, and will require an adaptable person who is willing to be hands-on to ensure the success of the business unit, a few key responsibilities may include:
- Directing aspects of business operations including purchasing, scheduling, manufacturing, warehousing, shipping, QA, people management as well as customer service
- Oversee cost-effective management of all outsourced services in line with budgets
- Align the business unit to ensure that financial goals are met
- Together with the management team, ensure that operational activities are well managed and that working capital is at its optimal
- Develop and prepare annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas
- Coach and develop staff to build high performing teams
- Work closely with other departments within the group function to ensure the Business Unit is operating as effectively as possible.
Does this sound interesting to you?
If you are an experienced individual with a strong manufacturing background and most importantly with a strong track record of leading high-performing teams, then this role may be for you! Expertise in Lean/Six Sigma would be a great asset, while a good command of finance and supply chain is necessary.
Apply for further information!