- Develop, implement and maintain and management system in line with ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Assess and approve third party providers for maintenance and verification in remote Sites and Clinics.
- Coordinate and/or participate in requests for special projects, such as new equipment acquisition purchase planning, development of bid specifications, analysis of vendor proposals, installation planning, acceptance testing, renovations, equipment upgrades, and equipment disposal.
- Develop preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines; train all technical staff on proper testing and other procedures to be followed when performing scheduled maintenance on devices maintained by the department.
- Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for all the medical equipment both of the company and on clients site.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of the medical equipment.
- Train medical staff and other personnel on the proper use of equipment.
- Perform calibrations to most of the Medical Equipment and maintain the associated records of all the calibrated equipment.
- Recommend replacement of equipment that may be obsolete, has extensive repair history or has safety issues.
- Perform duties within the Biomedical Technician’s capabilities required for the day to day operation of the business.
- Allocating medical equipment to projects.
The ideal person would have a Bachelor’s degree in electrical, clinical, or biomedical engineering with ability to problem solve technical and work challenges on own initiative. He/she would be willing to travel abroad in remote areas / harsh environments according to the needs of the company. Travelling frequency is typically of a number of days per cycle.
Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, electro-mechanical and electronic fundamentals, medical equipment function and operation, safety in healthcare facilities, and medical equipment troubleshooting is also critical.
This is not for everyone but what about you or someone you know?